Plant care instructions for your growing gift.
Our succulent and cactus range consists of on trend varieties like hawthornia, echeveria, jelly beans, string of pearls, barrel cactus and more. All plants are delivered with basic, easy to follow care instructions. As living creatures they need regular care and attention.
Plant care instructions :
- Succulents + cactus like a bright indoor position, with morning sunlight if possible. They will do well outdoors in a protected position. In their small pots we do not recommend full sun outdoors, they will do better repotted into a larger pot or planted into a garden bed. The majority of our plants will do best indoors.
- Succulents + cactus need watering every 10-14 days. Check soil before you water, if it is damp wait a few more days. Very dry soil indicates it’s time to water. Overwatering succulents and cactus is the quickest way to kill your plant.
- Slow release fertiliser is already in your plant’s soil, no other fertiliser is necessary.
- It can take a few weeks for your plant to adjust to its new position. Ensuring you follow care instructions will keep your plant happy.
- Your plant will outgrow its pot in time- approximately every 12 months your plant should be repotted into a larger pot. If growth has slowed, or roots are visible or coiled in the bottom of the pot, it’s time to repot.
- Terrariums: Succulent terrariums need just a small amount of water every 10 days. Usually a tablespoon per plant is sufficient. Terrariums have their own eco system, in their purpose built, layered environment that mimics nature. Succulents typically grow in extremely dry climates where they have adapted to store water in their foliage. Hence the layers of the terrarium are designed to keep excess moisture away from the plant and its roots to prevent rotting. Terrariums have no drainage hole, therefore over-watering will lead to your plant rotting.
- Planters without drainage holes: Some of our planters do not have drainage holes, particularly our eclectic range. Plants have been potted using the same principles in which we make our terrariums. Accordingly, only a small amount of water is required (see notes above regarding terrariums)
At Folium Co we sell Australian made gifts & only ethically sourced, sustainable products.
Our stunning indoor plant gifts, lush succulents and gorgeous cactus are the perfect gift for any occasion. Spoil that special someone with something a little different to a traditional flower delivery and give them a living gift that is long lasting and sustainable. Our gift baskets and pamper hampers contain a living gift plus a range of Australian made, natural body products and soy candles. We also stock a range of beautiful affordable homewares.
On trend indoor plants gifts. Repurposed, handmade, environmentally friendly and locally sourced gifts for men and women. Salus Body stockist. Shop our range of indoor living plant gifts, succulents, potted cactus, luxury gift baskets, natural body products and Australian made soy candles. We also stock a range of Northern Beaches homewares.
We offer a flat rate $10 delivery all of Australia. Spend $150+ and delivery is free!
Our plants are home grown or sourced from local growers. They are chosen for their beauty, texture, interesting features and easy care. We use high quality potting mix with added nutrients to ensure the health of our plants. Read our plant care tips for succulents and cactus »
Thank you for supporting a local Sydney small business.